Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sweating and Shopping

Shalom;
Today was easier with the kids. Matt and I were more prepared with props and flash cards to help the kids relate to what words they were learning with pictures. I pre organized what i wanted to bring to school that morning and put them beside Matt's backpack so he could put them in there. While we were walking through the slums to get to school Matt asked me why i had only got probs for A and C why not B? I had packed a props for B, it was a blue flashlight. But for some reason he didn't feel like packing that, so we had props for A and C and had to use the damn ball again for a B prop. But the ball is So distracting there is no point in bringing it out.. I let Matt rock it it for pretty much the whole class today. Out of laziness and out of amusement. He does really well with the kids, they listen to him and always watch him. So i sat back to take a couple photos of him and just watched him teach. It was nice because i find i get stressed to fast in the front of class. If feel like i just need to get comfortable with the fact that Matt and I are in charge and what they do is what we have planned. There is no plan B, just Matt and myself. We gave play time a little to early today and so after play time kids were going rank and off the walls hitting each other drop kicks here and there. My little girl today was just beside her self the whole time crying for her mom. So i ditched her and grabbed another. Packed he or she on my hip all day. The child was tweaking before i picked it up. Then i decided to whip out Auntie Kims book. It worked like a charm the kids loved it. Some gathered around to listen to me read. I read it out about 3 times and one tried to read along with me. I was packing my baby on my hip when i saw one jet out the door and try to run away. He was probs 1yrs old cant speak just like random words he knows. Anyways I thought he was going home to get water which all the kids did after play time. So i ran out to make sure he got to his home OK. Instead he picked up a rock and threw it at one of the goats that live outside our schools fence. I grabbed him yelled NO! We dont throw rocks at goats!!! bad bad bad. I swooped him up and smacked him on my other hip and was double fisting kids until i got back to the school and gave him back to Matt. Everyday we have a dog that comes to nurse on the front steps of our school. Why? I have no idea. It sits on the steps and lets the puppies nurse right there. Its so distracting and random that i cant help but laugh because there is a random litter of puppies running around the school yard. Anyways after placement, we went to the market. It was my first AUTO RICKSHAW ride! it wasnt bad it was scary but not bad. I probs almost shit my pants 2 times. We filmed some of it. At the market i scored big time and got some outfits for work. Us girls were having a hay day, and Jersey was just drenched with sweat. All of us were rifling through scarfs while he was pouring out all the liquid in his body via sweating. We tried to find him pants and the shop keeper brought him tight bright womens pants, that i have in purple. Then they brought him white Pj pants those wont work because of the sweat situation so that was a fail. Then we finally found him a good pair of pants. During all this i showed interest in a drum and then i never heard the end of it. He followed me all through the market banging on his drum and saying mam mam i give you good price. He waited for me outside while I went into the other store. I look outside and Carol Ann is looking at me nervous mouthing DRUM DRUM DRUM. Sure enough he was hackling Jennifer about the drum. After Jennifer telling him she didnt want his effing bucket drum and me yelling No to him he left me. So we all got an outfit each, and Matt made it out with a pair of pants and a hankie to sop up his sweat. Today was yett another long one and iam excited for the weekend. Je Suis Tres Exhausted.
Chloe

3 comments:

  1. I can completely picture you double fisting 2 on the hips!! I'm so happy to hear that they loved Auntie K's book! She will be thrilled. Can you please post some more pics?? I'd love to see pics of the children and the streets that you venture out on. Hope you are over Montezuma soon.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chloe, I have other people following your blog. They think its delightful and entertaining.
    Just as you are! Missing you Chloe........
    I will tell Steti-lou to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading my book. It makes me so happy to think they liked it. Don't stress too much about being in front of the class, just be yourself, they will love you! You are lively, fun and interesting, just what kids respond to most. But, why in the sam hell didn't you buy the DRUM?
    Pu-ruppa-pum-pum?

    ReplyDelete