Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Poopey Doopey

Konichiwa!
Today has been a good day so far! I start off every morning by phoning mom on skype. When I do his most of the team is up and sitting around on their computers. I cant have my head phones plugged in while on the computer when its charging because it zapps me. So when mom talks to me everyone can here everything. And on numerous occasions she has called me Poopey Doopey as per usual. So now some of my team members, Carol Ann mostly calls me Poopey Doopey. Its nice it reminds me of home minus her southern accent. Jersey racked up a temp of 104 yesterday and Jennifer layed in bed most of the day sick as well. They are both feeling better today, but are still not going to placement. Today work went well, kids still scream, snot still running down their nose, and tons of hitting and drop kicking are still occurring.Today the little child who threw the rock at the goat cried for the first time. Which i found amazing! He gets rocked every single day the kids loves punching him down, picking him up throwing him. And in turn he gets a real charge out of it. But today i was playing with him wile toating a kid on my hip and he got knocked backwards by another child who shoved him, and he smashed his head on the cement floor. To be honest i was shocked he cried, any white kid at home of course would start balling, but these kids here are tough shit. So i put my one kids down scooped him up and tried to get him to stop. Eventually Mam Di came and made him stop. I have this one girl in my class who is the oldest, Uma she is 6 years old. She is very sweet, and smart!!! I brought a coloring sheet for her to doodle on to keep her busy today, she finished it so fast and neatly that it didn't really even use up any time. I have decided i'am going to do a set of lessons for the little ones and a set for Uma. Jersey and I were just talking about her and he said, " She is so sweet, we cant lose her to poverty i want to adopt her!" Your right Matt we cant she is special and i hope i am wise enough to know what to do with this gift i have been given. Also this other girl that Brandi and I both love i have been thinking about alot today after class. She probably is just about 1. I pack her around all day and her expression never changes and nothing every comes out of her mouth. She just sits on my lap and colapses her body against mine. When I put her down and its time for me to pack up my things her face crumples and she stand at my legs wanting back up but never a peep comes out of her. I have been thinking why is this girl so troubled?? I am scared to ask questions but when i look into her eyes i can see nothing but sadness. I try my best to make her smile but nothing. I literally can make everyone in the class smile except her. I just dont understand. So prayers for her please!! She is breaking my heart every time i have to leave her behind, not knowing what i am leaving her to. We have a lecture again today on women of India today at 3:00 So ill gonna close this one up now. Talk to ya'll later
Jellybean Jumbo Jet
Shes a cutie
the sad baby
Some of my kids
Dancing time

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these awesome pics. Now I'm sad for sad baby and for Uma. I will put them in my prayers. Sad baby reminds me of Karen from Zambia - remember that she never smiled either? I know that this experience will prompt you to work towards macro changes in this sometimes messed up planet of ours. I'm very grateful that you, Jersey and Brandi are making the lives of these little ones a little brighter. Education is the key to getting out of poverty. You will be planting little seeds for them to expand on what they are learning from you guys - I know it!!
    God Speed
    Marmee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your children are beautiful! Lovely little faces. The sad one surely is deriving great comfort from your hip ride. Bless the wee baby. She'll smile, in her own good time. Just keep on playing with all the rest of the pack and sooner or later, she will witness something amusing to her. Maybe her world has never experienced laughter. Many thanks for reading my book to these precious, precious children. That little pic (children/Jellybean Jet), makes my heart swell. I can't imagine a better place for my book to be, in the world. These little ones seem very bright- it won't take them long to get their ABC's. I love the way you are showing them the "meaning" of the words,too.
    Have a great day... they could not have a better teacher than you, Chloe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chloe,
    thank you for posting those photos. We can truly see how different your situation is in New Delhi. Uncle R. will be wanting an update on your blog. He checks it everyday.
    I think about all of you being sick and wish everyone of you to get well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another thing, I just remembered, Chloe... You never laughed or giggled as a little one, either. I think that's why your Dad called you "silent white thunder." The first time I remember hearing you laugh was by Al (Aunty Ramona's ex), he was funny. He was acting silly and kept flipping a book off his head and for some reason, you found this hilarious. It was so cute, because you weren't just giggling, you were belly laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CHLOEEEE !
    i finally made an account.. took me long enough. but i have been following every single one of your blogs and i must say, they give me a daily dose of laughter :) i was telling richard some of the stories lol. so rhianna told me that you called her and that we are going to skype tomorrow with you ? i am very excited and will keep my schedule open so we can have a chit chat ..MISS YOU ! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys for all the support i look forward in reading everyones replys when i sign on :) Auntie Kim I have more photos with your book just not on the comp at the moment. BON im glad you have a account lol so happy u could figure it out :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to seeing the new photos! Thanks for all your updates. I am so glad she smiled; it didn't take her long. Bless her... Now go back to the market & buy that drum off the DEDICATED salesman :-) and give those kids some lessons!!! They need to vent all that energy!

    ReplyDelete