Sunday, September 12, 2010

Needles and Nightclubs

Hey Ya'll
Sorry its been awhile. I have been sick sick sick! I'am on 4 different pills right now. It started Thursday night i had really bad tummy cramps then i was to sick to go to work with the kids and it went downnnnn hill from there followed with a fever of 103. They took me to a private hospital where my doctor was a beautiful and kind. She was in her late 40's early 50's wearing a green sari and had salt and pepper hair pulled into a bun. She told me she was going to give me a bottle of water to hydrate me, i thought to myself good casue iam kind of thirsty. Then she told me to get ready to go to the next room to get my drip put in. The second the words came out of her mouth not a word of a lie i started to cry. You know when your not feeling well and you just want your own bed? Well iam no where near my bed! She crumpled up her face and said to me ' Dont worry hunny, we want you to get better and want you to go home well please dont cry" In her light hindi accent. So i walked out of the room and went into the triage room where i continued to cry. They first started off giving me a shot in my bum to get my fever down. I was just sitting there in the fetal position sobbing away all the nurses were looking at me so scared because i was crying pretty loud. Then to put my drip in the doctor came in to hold my hand. She stood there trying to keep my calm wile they truncated my hand and tried to get my viens to pop. The first needle they put in didnt hit the vein right so they had to pull that one out and try again. When i realized that the nurse was doing another go of it on my other vein i started to cry again. The doctor sat there with me and wiped my tears away until they were done. When everyone cleared out i saw Jersey sitting in the waiting chair looking sad for me. He obvs heard my hysterical crying, but i didnt even care i felt so sick. I sat there for about 1hr more waiting for my drip to finish. By the time i left i felt better. Then I went home slept all day and all night and all day agian. Waking up to go to the washroom and hydrate. Iam feeling much better now but still have wicked stomach cramps every once and awhile and not much of a appetite. Today B,M,J,C went to the Red Fort and Jersey,Carol ann, and me stayed behind to chill out. Everyone except Molly and I went to the club last night with my Co-workers nephew Ankit. I was given his number back in Canada just in case i got in any trouble out here, or needed a tour guide. My friends wanted to be taken out by so locals to i called him up and me was more than excited to take them out. they went to a Juggy D concert at Lure club. They had tons of fun made it back safe and sound compliments on Ankit!! Molly and i sat at home and watched friends together. today after laying around all day try to rest my body in prep for the upcoming week with the kids we became hungry. So we went to walk to the market. Good idea? I think not. It started to DOWN POUR like big time. We all got soaked because we didnt have umbrellas, the roads had huge puddles everywhere. But we were all so determined to get come instant noodles we wernt gonna back down. We came back soaking wet threw some towel on our head and ate our delish soup. CB i thought of you because i know you would be sitting right next to me in nothing but your gonchies holding a pair of chopsticks in a heart beat. Anyways its almost dinner time so hopefully ill blog agian tmr after class if iam feeling good!
Chloe

4 comments:

  1. Oh Doey, so sorry to hear about your sickness, so far from Mom,home and your favorite blankie. Thank goodness for your Peeps! I'll bet Jersey wanted to cry right along with you. Big, compassionate heart. Glad you are feeling better.
    CB. would have been eating right out of that soup bowl with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told this was a funny blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you little turd munch its about time you dropped in. It can be funny but you have to be able to read. Seeing as you are unable to do that you will need to call J up and get her to be your reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you got sick, Chloe. Guess, best get it over with. Such a change, in food, climate and environment. It's bound to have an affect. But, you are strong and healthy and will bounce back. Your room mates all sound so sweet and Jersey sounds super.

    ReplyDelete