Saturday, September 4, 2010

No Sleep= No Fun

Good afternoon;

So my flights were awesome to heathrow i slept the whole 9 hrs and didn't even get up once to use the washroom or eat. Then when i got to the airport i tried to figure our the calling card. That was a joke. So now im stuck with a useless tit of 100$ calling card. I had some nice USA people stuff money in my pay phone when i was running out of time on my phone call to mom and i only had 1 pound. So that was Nice of them, then they sat on thier phones for the next half hour trying to help me. Then from there i made a freind. It was an 70 yr old lady form New delhi that spoke only Hindi. I asked her how she was and where she was going in Punjabi, then for the rest of the time she thought i spoke fluent Hindi. I had to drag here around the skytrain with me to get to each place and carry her 20lbs bag along with my stuff. Then we got to this HUGE lineup and when we got to the front she misplaced her boarding card and didn't understand what i was saying. I grabbed some young east indian girls to help her out and booked it. It was a kill or be killed situation and there was no way i was gonna lug that bag around any more ( it turned my hands raw). So Jerrica you were right you do make friends while traveling alone, mine just happened to be a bewilders elderly lady who spoke no English. After stretching before getting on my next flight i went to go find my seat and found out that there was noone sitting beside me! So that was lovely. But the confusing thing was i had watched the sun rise twice in like a 14hr period and never completely made it through a whole day anywhere. So on the plane rides i received dinner and breakfast both times. I was annoyed by this. Also someone within a 4 seat perimeter of me had wicked gas and i had to keep putting my blanket over my face because it was asphyxiating me. So I finally made it to india after almost gagging to death for 9hrs. I waited in line forever becasue they are so inefficient at customs then got my bag and went to the pick up area. My people were waiting for me and there were people all over the airport with semi auto rifles. PFT. The car ride from the airport to the flat was interesting to say the least. Its everything the stories say its like. When i arrived at my flat the power was out and has been out 5 times since ive been here and its not even been 24hrs yet. My roommate Brandie is cool we get along really well. We did a walk about outside to try and catch out bearings. It was pointless and i have no idea how to get to and from places. We also went to a high end Sari shop. I found this bad ass raw silk sage color Sari. Its like 200 bucks. So i dont think ill get it. Auntie J you would have loved this shop aside from the business. The colors of the fabric were brilliant and just looked so nice with really nice yellow golds and oranges and greens in particular. So far ive eaten Curry for my past 3 meals. Its good i dont mind it, im so dehirous that ill inhale anything. Iam waiting to go to bed and i'am dying to sleep I havnt slept since Sept 2nd. Brutal I know. I accidentally dosed off while talking to the coordinator with my eyes half open. Anyways im going to drown my head in a tolit to wake up. Mom we will worry about the cards later for now this will have to do.

Dotes

3 comments:

  1. It's very typical of you to befriend an elderly person in need of help Dodi! Once you have had a good sleep, tell me how the food tastes, and what type of curry dishes they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crikey Chloe, what a trip! Greg and I are laughing our asses off about your escapapdes. Yes, it figures that you befriended an elderly Hindi lady!!!!! Memories of Marion?
    I would have LOVED to have been at that sari shop. I can imagine the vivid colours. A feast for the senses.
    Get some sleep, laying down in a bed, with nobody speaking to you!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chloe, I saw Mr. Mann (and Harshi) today. Mr. Mann wants you to purchase a plug-in style mosquito repellant. He said you get it at any store very cheap. You plug it in your room and it keeps the mosquitos away. He said it's important you do this so that you can decrease your risk of malaria. Harshi says hi.

    ReplyDelete