Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Back to the swing of things

Hello All;
Today we were back to placement! YAY so much more interesting when we are working. Jersey finally came back to work after a week of not begin there because he was sick. So i just held my baby sat back and watched him teach. We were teaching them to draw the ABC's still so every once and awhile i would have to put my baby down and help other people. She would follow me to where ever i went holding onto my legs and wanting to be picked back up. And when I would be playing with other babies she would get jelous and try and sit in my lap. While we were playing skip rope (Aka kids tripping over the rope on the ground) Kashish and Kushi fell because Karen pushed them down. They both started crying, so jersey grabbed Kushi and i grabbed Kashish both held them till they calmed down and yelled at the kid who pushed them. As for the Common Wealth crazyness, it if deffinatly evident that security has been increased. On the way home from work there were way more men with guns and side road blocks. In our market that is two mins from us there are two Army people sitting outside the white people store that we go to to get white grocerys with huge automatic rifels. Super Fun Time India!! YaY. Oh well mabey ill buy a bullet proff vest, they are probably pretty cheap around here. OHHH exciting news, i have decided to buy a Sitar and take lessons while I'am here!! It might run me a hundred or so but iam investing. I want ot add to my string intrusment collection, and lessons over here will be dirt cheap and easy to find. So im thinking twice a week for a hr each time. Iam going to be the new Ravi Shankar?? I think so, kinda like Anoushka Shankar except Japanese and husky.
HJ

Husky life is the life for me

Looking At the Taj Mahal
UGLY SHIT

2 comments:

  1. Nice pics. I am glad you were back to school, with all those little ones, and of course, Baby. Are they getting the hang of the ABC's?
    Took gran to Costco and thrifting today, one of our usual fancy (not) shopping sprees.
    Miss you. I am glad that you had that bit of police training, it will come in handy. I walked by the office in Mission and was thinking about you today. Be safe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled to death that you are going to take sitar lessons! Did I tell you what George Harrison said when Ravi Shankar was teaching him? He said to never walk over top of your sitar - you need to respect it (Ravi swatted George the first time he saw George do it). Also, the play position is quite difficult to grasp because you have to somehow rest the body of the sitar on the heel of your foot (or something of that nature). So it's sort of a bit like a yoga position. I think it is one of the most beautiful stringed instruments going. How the hell are we going to pack it back from India?
    God Speed, Marmee

    ReplyDelete