Sunday, September 5, 2010

Chloa The Expolora

Tombs

Yoga Pose

Upper level of tomb

Stairs

Yett another tomb

Chillin At the tomb

Konichiwa
India Gate
One of the Tombs
Lawn Mower Husky Style

I slept for 14 hours today, met two new people from the team, and went site seeing. Jennifer and Matt came. Both of which are cool and we get along great. Places we went to today were Lotus Temple, which is a Bahih temple and was very interesting. It is a huge marble building shaped like a lotus which looks alot like the opera house in Australia. It was raining and we went aloud wearing shoes in there so i left my shoes in the car and walked around with my shoes off in India... I don't know if that was a good idea cause i left my shoes in the car so they wouldn't get stolen and it was about 5min walk to the temple. After that we went to the Humayun Tomb (Profile Pic) it was GIANT we were there for a long time looking at all the tombs. I saw a peacock in a tree! he was huge! and i didnt know they could fly. There were lots of dogs running around inside. Every time i see a dog i feel so sad, i think so two things Sassy, and Lola. I could just imagine poor Sassy walking around in the streets so sad and scared. And then Lola on a spit over a fire because shes so fat and the people would probably eat her because she would be a good supply of meat (Sorry Bon) Anyways in the tomb place it was a amazing! Such interesting architechure. There were Dragon flies masking the sky! It was so magical and really added to the tone of the place you couldn't look up without seeing about 100 of them. After that we went to a market and i bought a sari! Auntie another shop you would have enjoyed! Mom it was just like Morocco. Once we got in the rushed us to sit down and offerd us tea and coke. So we are sitting on these benches and in front of us are walls to the ceiling of colored fabrics and then there is like this platform set up where they do their little show. There were banana silk, potato slik, paper silk, and potato silk saris! I bought ones :) Its a light green with gold designs and the part that wraps around to ly on my shoulder is a wine colored red with gold flecks. I love it and rock it pretty good. It was 14$ a little pricey but i was happy with the buy. Then we went to the India gate. Little side note ive been wearing my Punjab Suit and been talking to the vendors in Punjab and they leave me alone! Its been really nice because people will go up to Matt, Jennifer, Cella, and Brandi asking them if they want all this shit and I just say Naie Shukria and they go away right away. I keep the scarf over my head most of the time and they leave me alone when i say no the first time. So anyways when we get the the India gate there was about a 1yr old playing with a barb wire fence.... Questionable I think so. She was adorable short hair and little earings. When I later came back out she was taking a poop in the ditch with her mom holding her hand so she wouldnt far backwards into it. So then we get to the front of the India gate these people pin flags on Matt Brandi Jenn and Cella and they come to me i was like Naie and they left me alone and walked away. The girls were infront and got asked for money for them and matt was behind me. I waited for him and he came up and was like, " I just got charged 650 Rupes for this" It was a paper flag about the size of the my thumb. He was sad and we all laughed. Iam still waiting for Carol Ann and Molly to arrive this stupid Hurricane is really screwing up the flights. We got back at 3pm from the tour and we ate lunch. I was friggen famished and downed my food and Matt pounded back 4 glasses of pop in less than a couple minutes cause he hadn't dranked anything all day. Now Jennifer is sitting on my bed with me writing in her blog and Brandi is taking a little nap. We are going to the marked later on to buy some baskets to chuck our laundry in. Brandi rolled over and asked me if the markets are going to close early because its sunday I laughed at her and responded this is India i they arnt like us. Anyways im going to try and post a couple pics of today so if i do enjoy!

Namaste
Husky

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the pics Chloe!! It looks so exotic. You looking smashing in your yellow sari. I'm glad that the venders are onto your good India street smarts!! It helps to have a history with pesty venders (eg: Morroco). Good for you honey. Re: Lotus Temple: I worked with a nurse at home health who is Ba'hai faith. She travelled all the way to the Lotus Temple 2 years ago because this had been her dream to see it. I will tell her that you have visited there. Please don't go barefoot outside Chloe - it is very easy to catch parasites and have them enter your feet (esp. when your feet get dry and cracked). I'm dead serious Chloe - don't go barefoot outside anymore. Love M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chloa the Explora,

    Marmee and I definitely have different responses to your experiences!
    Great photos, keep them coming. I wished I was sitting on the bench in the sari store. YOu know my mouth would be hanging open with admiration.
    But, Doey, what a beautiful yoga pose. A true yogi.
    Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chloe.

    I have not read this yet but well done on the pictures.

    Tee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just say naie Chloe, just say naie.

    Well done my friend, it sounds like you are doing quite well. I love you.

    Tee

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I read this, I wish I was there, with you... it sounds so new and exciting. Lovely pics.
    Bless Matt and his tiny flag.

    ReplyDelete