Friday, November 19, 2010

28 Posts later

Today is my last day.


This trip started out with little expectations, and fear of the unknown. What will India be like? Will I be able to breathe?What will the Americans be like, especially the one from the South? As my trip flew bye i got all the answers to these questions and more.



 India is an amazing place. Yes, it has alot of pollution. Yes, there is alot of corruption. Yes the traffic is HORBBILE.But all these problems i see here are the same we have back at home except we make more of an effort to hide them.Dispite these problems there is much that over shawdows them. The diversity, architechture, and the beautiful people. Indian hospitality is somthing we MUST pick up in North America. I beleive not many people would invite a random Indian girl to thier family Christmas party back in Canada. But here my friend Brandi got invited to a man's Diwali party that barley knew her. I KNOW that if i hired a taxi driver in B.C. he would not invite me and my 3 other friends to stay at his house and meet his family, if he did not have some other intentions. But agian at my surprise my taxi driver Sohdi brought me to his house in the Punjab to meet his pregnant wife, and family. He fed all of us and let us all stay in his extended family's vaction home. Amazing hospitality, with no expectation with anything in return.



 The crazy Americans which turned out not to be crazy, but some of my best friends I will never forget.I got to know more about the USA and how were not so diffrent from one another. When I first heard about this girl Carol Ann from Mississippi i thought, holy shit i'am going to living with this crazy southern girl who just wants sweet tea and to be on the cheer-leading team. Well, she was on the cheerleading team and she defiantly loves sweet tea among other southern food items, but she is also an amazing and kind hearted southern belle ;) Her compassion towards others and love for her children she taught was something you cant find in any old person. When we said goodbye to our taxi driver she was crying because he was so kind to us,is such a hard worker, and barley gets to see his pregnant wife on top of all that. Such care for a man she barley knew, showed me how truly amazing of a person she is.
 Miss Molly May for Gorham, Maine is another story. When i read she worked at Camp bow wow and lived in small town Gorham, Maine I defiantly thought she was going to be a crazy dog lady/hicktown situation. She turned out to be firery little girl with a tinge of blue :P She also was very touched by our taxi driver Sohdi and went out got pictures developed of our trip, and him with his family. One day after a very hectic class, Molly had come back with her shirt torn and face beating red. CA went to go chain smoke, and Molly sat inside eating cookies and venting about how the children went ape shit crazy beating each other, smacking crying babies, and tearing up the class room because the teacher didnt show up. After that hellish day that i know someone people would just call it quit. Molly sewed her shirt back up and went to class the next day. Although she spent more than half her time here with her skin dyed blue from this crappy shirt she bought in the market, and continued to wear for god knows what reason, she is an truly
 amazing person, with a amazing voice ;)



 Jersey Shore from Princeton aka Matt Carco is a whole nother story. With the expectations of being like Jersey shore i wasnt TOO terribly far off. The boy loves his Jordan's and food. Although he drives me a little nuts at times I wouldn't have him any other way. The first day when we were at our school it was so over whelming i just wanted to sit and cry. Matt got up infront of the class and did it all by himself until i could get my shit together. He is a awsome teacher and is great with the kids! Aside from everything being Haarrible, walking dawgs and drinking caffee he helped make my trip what it was. I'am so proud of him and how hard he has worked to be who he is today. This kid is meant for great things.





Miss Jennifer "Johnson" i really didn't know what to expect because i dont know any sterotypes for people from Denver. But i soon found out what she was like. Do not cross her, or it will be one of the last things you will do. Fiesty as all shit, and suborn. But on the inside of this hardened exterior is a compassionate hard worker. She was amazing with her patients and you could tell she truly cared about them. She was the first one up in the morning and the last one back from work in the afternoon and i never heard a complaint about it. I went to visit her placement the other day and the sisters were asking about her and telling me to say hi to her and miss her. I miss her as well and was so glad to  have gotten to know her as well as i did. I wish her all the best, and know she will achieve it with the amazing work ethic, and compassion she posses.




 Blea R, is actually a fellow Canadian but she still gets included. I can still remember us first talking before the trip even started. And now 11 weeks later after being roomates for more than half the time i was here it feels weird to go back and think about when we barley knew each other. She is a blunt as all be, but a very hard worker. She dedicated alot of time to helping people knit while she was here, as well as juggling two other placements. Great at helping others, and always willing to share her stuff no probelmo at all. Without my fellow Canadian i dont know who the hell i would have talked to Tim Horton;s about  :P




In all this trip was everything i wanted it to be and more. Some people have such a crappy attitude about this beautiful country, but they only see what they want to see. If you go looking for garbage,poverty, and  pollution you are going to find it. But what about if you go looking for beauty,kindness, and overall amazing people? I guarantee you will not need to look hard for. So next time you think you know somewhere i highly suggest checking it out, before painting it with one brush.India is more than you think people! So thank-you all for your support, and kind words. This trip has been life changing, and the best thing for me at this time in my life.
LOVE.PEACE.
Nameste

Chloe. Amber

5 comments:

  1. This made me cry! I love it and LOVE YOU!.. the last picture is priceless that dude has some grade A dance moves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I know you : ) you are such a beautiful person Chloe! Can't wait to see where you're life takes you. Much Love Chica xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chloe I enjoyed reading that so much. You are such an amazing person and I'm so glad you have made these friends and had this experience in India! I'm so excited to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Chloe, what an experience. You know how to entertain us with this blog. Opened our eyes and our global awareness. Can hardly wait to have a reunion with you and your cousins!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is soooo sweeet poops! however, I AM THE ANTI SOUTHERN BELL! so stop saying that. but i miss you so much... call me as soon as you get home. love you boo bear.

    ReplyDelete